Friday, August 18, 2006

Pineapple Sherbet © 1960

2 1/2 cups crushed pineapple
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
2 egg whites
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon mint (optional)



Boil water, pineapple, juice and sugar for 3 minutes. Cool. Add fruit, egg whites, lemon juice, mint. Blend thoroughly and freeze.*

*Judging from similar recipes in the booklet, I think this should read, 'boil water and sugar for 3 minutes,' then adding the rest of the ingredients once cooled.

**To see more pictures & recipes from this booklet, click here!

It's Ice Cream Time!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Terri-
Ohhh, you know I never even thought about that (the heat cooking the egg whites), but that is so true. So I guess my observation was right! Yeah, I still lick the mixer too, but now I know to turn it off first. Ha ha! ;)

5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home