Lemon-Twist Cake © 1967
1 package lemon-pudding-and-pie-filling mix
1 large package white-cake mix
12 very thin lemon slices
1. Prepare pudding mix as package label directs; pour into well-greased 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking dish. Refrigerate until cold.
2. Start heating oven to 350ºF.
3. Make up cake mix as package label directs; pour over pudding.
4. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until done. Refrigerate.
5. When cold, loosen all edges well with spatula; invert on serving plate. (Pudding will now be on top.) Garnish with lemon slices, slit and twisted. Makes 12 servings.
Good Housekeeping's Keep Cool Cookbook