Friday, May 12, 2006

Sour Cream Salmon Loaf

I ran across this recipe recently on the side of a box of Piggly Wiggly brand cornflakes. Thought I would share it with you.

1 can (15 1/2 ox.) salmon
1 package (8 oz.) sour cream
1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
1 egg beaten
2 1/2 cups Piggly Wiggly Corn Flakes

Measure the corn flakes and then crush into crumbs. Drain off half of liquid of the salmon. Combine all ingredients. Place in loaf pan. Bake 40 minutes at 350ºF. If firmer texture loaf is desired, use less butter or margarine and 1 more egg.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Do you test out any of these recipes? This one does NOT sound good.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Sara-
No, not always. It depends on if it sounds good to me and/or what the ingredients are. And I have to agree with you, this one doesn't sound that great. LOL! Making salmon croquettes (which I love) has more ingredients and steps than this does. Sometimes I just post recipes because I find it interesting that they are on almost every food product out there, be it generic or name brand.

If you think this sounds bad, just you wait. I've got some real winners coming up next week that will make this one look like manna from the gods.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Can't wait!

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home