Monday, October 17, 2005

Cut-Up Kid: Girl (Jill) Cake © 1959

I've decided to feature the last of the character cakes from the poll today. Why? 'cause I've O.D.'ed on character cakes. LOL! Starting Wednesday we can get back to normal and start in on other recipes. I recently purchased a plethora of new retro cook booklets at a local book sale and I'm anxious to share them with you! In addition, there is another book sale the last week in October, so I'm hoping to hit the jackpot all over again.

1. Cool round and square 8-inch cake layers. Measure and cut to make triangles for girl's legs. Place as shown.

2. Tint frosting pink for head, arms and legs; white for dress. Tint Baker's Angel Flake Coconut pink for dress, yellow for hair.

3. Decorate as shown, using coconut for blouse, blue candy for eyes, gumdrops for mouth and nose. Her shoes are chocolate and so is her pocket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home