Friday, September 30, 2005

Ella Elephant Cake © 1959

Ella Elephant's easy to make
(Of course, you must use Angel Flake)
Her trunk is long for peanut swooping,
Her ears are big and always drooping!


1. Start with two cooled 9-inch round caked made from a mix or recipe. Cut a ring 1 1/2 inches wide from one layer. Cut out a third of the ring for her trunk.

2. Divide remaining piece of ring into four equal parts. Place uncut layer on a tray for the body. Use small circle for Ella's head. Add legs and a happy trunk.

3. Spread a fluffy pink frosting over cake and sprinkle Baker's Angel Flake Coconut generously over elephant. Use a big chocolate cookie for her ear...a gumdrop for the eye and a twist of licorice for the tail.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been looking at elephant cakes for an hour and this is BY FAR the cutest I have seen. Adorable.

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mother made me this cake when I young and now my daughter wants it for her 10th birthday!! I have a copy of the book my mother used to use.

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Pam said...

As soon as I saw your elephant cake my childhood memories came flooding back. My mom had that book and I almost wore it out looking at all the cakes. Im lucky enough to have that cookbook what a treasure.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home