Thursday, September 15, 2005

Birthday Cake

To commemorate my upcoming birthday, I'm conducting a poll on various character cakes that can be made from common-shaped cake pans (square, circle, rectangle). The cakes are in one of my favorite little cookbooklets, issued by Baker's Coconut in 1959.

I will post the winners every other day, according to popularity, beginning on my birthday, Wednesday, September 28th. In the meantime, go vote and come the 28th we'll all have cake!


Blogger shells said...

I made a moose cake once as a kid. I think the instructions came out of a "lady's magazine" maybe Good Housekeeping.

5:32 AM  
Blogger Mariana said...

Hi Kirk! I saw these Halloween cookies and thought of you. :)

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Princess Wild Cow said...

Screw democracy...that's how we ended up with Bush. I want a Penguin Cake and that is all there is to it!

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here!
I have a tea cart site/blog. It pretty much covers tea cart related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

9:18 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Shells ('n cheese)- (sorry, I've been wanting to do that so bad! ;)

I LOVE those "ladies magazines!" My mom used to get them all: Redbook, Better Homes and Gardens, McCall's (before that stupid bitch Rosie bought it out and changed the name), etc. They were always fun to look at, especially around the holidays!

A moose cake sounds fun! It also sounds like it would require a lot of cake (for the antlers et al)! Was it a chocolate moose? (sorry, I am full of beans today)

Ooh, thanks! I don't care what anyone says, Martha Stewart has the most beautiful magazine/books. I have her Halloween book and I just love looking at it. Fun!

Princess Wild Cow-
You're not the only one, judging from the poll!

But, Bush is 'on top of things' (the things being a big pile of ill-gotten money). Bush can bite me...but the penguin only gives kisses. Patience, Perry Penguin is coming soon to a blog near you! ;D

Thank you for the kind words! I appreciate it! And thanks for the heads up on your tea site! :)

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home