Friday, August 19, 2005

Egg-Tuna Puff © 1953

7-oz can tuna
10-oz can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 green pepper
1/2 cup milk
4 eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Dash pepper

Start oven at 375º or moderate, grease a shallow, medium baking dish.

Drain tuna, break up with fork, mix with mushroom soup, chopped green pepper, milk. Pour into baking dish. Now mix up the Egg Puff: Separate eggs. Add salt to whites, beat until they stand in peaks. Beat yolks with soda and pepper until lemon-colored. Fold yolks with whites, pile on tuna mixture. Bake 45 minutes. Serves 4.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Terri-
I have actually made this. I like it almost as much as I do quiche. And yes, it really does puff, BUT you do have to make sure you separate the whites from the eggs. It didn't puff that great the first few times I made it, but once I got the hang of it, it did. Regardless, it always tasted delicious. ;) I like mine with a side of mustard, for dipping. I know how much you love mustard. Lol!

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home