Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Pizza Chicken © 2001

PREP: 11 MIN BAKE: 6 HR

8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 pounds)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 small onion, sliced
2 medium bell peppers, cut into strips
2 cups spaghetti sauce
1 package (16 ounces) rotini pasta
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)



1. Remove fat from chicken. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken in 3 1/2-to-6-quart slow cooker.

2. Top chicken with onion and bell peppers. Add spaghetti sauce. Cover and cook on low heat setting 4 to 6 hours or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.

3. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Place pasta on platter. Top with chicken and sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. 8 servings.

SUBSTITUTION
For a bit more color, use 1 yellow and 1 red or green pepper.

Betty Crocker Comfort Casseroles

1 Comments:

Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Terri-
Cool! You're welcome! I'm a picky kid too, so you're right there's nuthin' here I wouldn't eat! I think it sounds like a winner, too. I totally overlooked the whole crockpot angle! I need to gets me one of 'dose! Now bring on the rotini!

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate it! :)

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home