Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Chicken and Corn Bread Stuffing Casserole © 2001

PREP: 15 MIN BAKE: 15 MIN

1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken or celery soup
3/4 cup milk
1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
1 medium onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
1/2 teaspoon ground sage or poultry seasoning
2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
1 1/2 cups corn bread stuffing mix
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Paprika

1. Heat oven to 400º. Spray 3-quart casserole with cooking spray.

2. Heat soup and milk to boiling in 3-quart saucepan over high heat, stirring frequently. Stir in mixed vegetables, onion and sage. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently; remove from heat.

3.Stir in chicken and stuffing mix. Spoon into casserole. Sprinkle with pepper and paprika. Bake uncovered about 15 minutes or until hot in center. 4 servings.

SUBSTITUTION
You can substitute cut-up leftover turkey for the chicken.

Betty Crocker Comfort Casseroles

1 Comments:

Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Beps-
Aye carumba. You know, when I was posting the recipe, my eye kept lingering over the word 'spaghetti.' It just didn't seem logical, but I didn't think too much about it since nothing seems to surprise me any more when it comes to ingredient combos. Doh! I fucked up. I'm glad you said something though, seriously. I've been paranoid I'm going to mistype some vital part of a recipe (like 1/2...1/4...tablespoon...teaspoon) and someone was gonna send me a nasty comment because I ruined their recipe. lol! I must have been tired the day I typed this one. ;) Thanks for commenting!

4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home