Saturday, July 30, 2005

Under Construction

This blog is currently under construction. The premise is pretty simple: I collect vintage product-related cookbooklets as well cookbooks. When I say "cookbooklets," I'm referring to those little booklets that used to come FREE whenever you would buy sour cream or maple syrup, etc. Sometimes, you could even send away for them with a simple S.A.S.E. They are a little more scarce these days, but they contained some great, fun (and sometimes bizarre) recipes. I'll be sharing them with you here, at Jam Handy.

Since I already maintain a weekly blog, I anticipate this blog to only have tri-weekly posts (Monday/Wednesday/Friday). I won't necessarily be commenting on each and every recipe, but each recipe will be accompanied by an image of the booklet from which it came, as well as the year it was published (when available). My collection currently runs the gamut from 1942-1985. And that's just the dated ones!

I haven't decided what I will do once I've submitted a recipe from each of the books (40+ at the moment), but I may just start over again with a different recipe and/or start up with recipes from my eclectic collection of bound cookbooks. A lot of it will also depend on if there is enough interest to warrant the continuation of the blog. We'll play it by ear and see where the day takes us.

I am currently in the process of collecting, scanning and choosing future recipes. Please participate in the poll and thanks in advance for your patience!

-Kirk :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Kirk, this looks rad. I love the background. I'm going to have to make some taco pie soon for the Analog Medium team, I think.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Mark Rogers-
Thank you! I've learned what areas to fiddle with when it comes to the generic templates Blogger offers, so I made this one my own by just a little tweaking here and there!

The Taco Pie is great! Wait'll you try the sausage balls made with Bisquick, man are they GOOD!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, I appreciate it! :D

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home